Festive Mardi Gras Gifts for Louisiana Friends & Family
Get Expert Gift-Giving Advice From Caroline & Company
Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is a festive celebration marking the end of Carnival season. It’s a time for fun and revelry before the Catholic fasting period known as Lent begins. Steeped in history and tradition, Mardi Gras is a time of indulgence. Between feasting on decadent foods and participating in lively parades, giving gifts to friends and family is also a lovely way to spend the time together. Giving Mardi Gras gifts in Louisiana has become popular in recent years. Caroline & Company is proud to be your go-to place for some of the best local Mardi Gras gifts. We have something for everyone in our selection!
Why Give Friends & Family Mardi Gras Gifts This Year?
Although Mardi Gras traces its roots to Louisiana and Catholicism, it’s a much-loved and anticipated event across the country. Mardi Gras is the time to feast, party, and enjoy yourself before Lent begins. During Lent, many Catholics abstain from eating or drinking alcohol, meat, and dairy. The idea of giving gifts during this festive time has developed into a way to spread love and joy to your loved ones.
Giving Mardi Gras gifts is a way to come together and celebrate this holiday’s vibrant traditions. The traditional colors of Mardi Gras are gold (symbolizing power), dark purple (symbolizing justice), and green (symbolizing faith). Many Mardi Gras decorations, costumes, and gifts will incorporate these colors, perfectly complementing the festivities going on around them.
Spread Joy With These Vibrant Mardi Gras Gift Ideas
If you’re interested in spreading joy this Mardi Gras season, we’d be happy to help you brainstorm the best Mardi Gras gift ideas. Traditional gifts such as beads, trinkets, masks, and king cakes can be made at home or bought at many retailers. However, if you feel like thinking outside the box for your loved ones this year, try one of these fun suggestions from Caroline & Company:
- Apparel – From Mardi Gras-themed sweatshirts to hats and accessories, you have many festive apparel options to consider for men, women, and kids of all ages. Ensure everyone in the family is stylish in time for the local Mardi Gras parade.
- Drinkware – If you’re hosting a Mardi Gras party, we have everything from champagne flute glasses to stemless wine cups and can coolers in gold, purple, and green designs. Drinkware makes a fun, inexpensive party gift for friends and family, or take one as a gift to your hostess.
- Jewelry – Accessorize your wife’s Mardi Gras ensemble with beautiful stackable gold, purple, or green bracelets. Our award-winning gift boutiques feature gorgeous hoop earrings and other baubles perfect for any merry occasion.
- Kitchenware – If your friend or loved one enjoys cooking, Mardi Gras- or Louisiana-themed kitchenware might be appreciated. We carry everything from gumbo bowls and spoons to Louisiana-shaped cutting boards and Cajun cookbooks in our home boutiques.
Tips for Selecting Mardi Gras Gifts for Friends & Family
Mardi Gras is a time to let loose, have fun, and celebrate with the special people in your life. Choosing the best Mardi Gras gifts requires thinking about the recipient’s style and maintaining the jovial spirit of the holiday. Here are a few tips from our gift-giving experts about selecting Mardi Gras gifts:
- Embrace the Theme – Presentation matters, and it’s fun to embrace the unique, playful Mardi Gras theme when prepping your gifts. Wrapping them in purple, green, or gold wrapping paper and adding beads or a feathery boa adds an extra layer of festivity to any gift.
- Tailor Your Gift – Mardi Gras is a versatile theme to work with, but remember to consider your loved ones’ interests when tailoring a gift to their needs. For example, if they don’t enjoy fashion, apparel may not be the best gift. The good news is that the vibrancy of Mardi Gras lends itself to numerous gifts, ranging from masks to books, drinkware, and accessories.
- Consider an Experience – Often, the most thoughtful gifts are customized experiences created for the recipient. Organizing a Mardi Gras-themed party with a traditional meal or planning a family trip to New Orleans on Fat Tuesday can help you create memories that will last a lifetime. Giving them fun Mardi Gras-themed accessories can take the experience to another level.